Engineers need a strong network that supports, advances and represents them in their work. That is exactly the task that we in VDI – The Association of German Engineers – take on. We have been reliably supporting engineers for more than 160 years. We provide them with a professional base and maintain a lively network at regional, national and international levels.
- On the motorway follow the signs for the airport “Flughafen Düsseldorf” and exit onto the A 44 motorway.
- Exit at “Düsseldorf Flughafen” (exit no. 31).
- Follow the signs for “Ankunft/Airport City”.
- Before reaching the P3 airport car park, turn left towards Airport City.
- In the roundabout take the third exit.
- Follow the street until the next roundabout, then take the first exit to Peter-Müller-Straße.
- Stay on this street and then turn right at the Porsche Zentrum Düsseldorf. At the next curve in the road, the VDI building is on your right.
Our guest parking facilities at the VDI building are limited. You can park in the P8 airport car park for free. After exiting the second roundabout, take the first right and enter the P8 car park. From here it is only a short walk to VDI-Platz. Walk straight on between the P8 car park and the Maritim Hotel. Behind the Maritim turn right. The VDI building is on your left.
In your sat nav select “Airport” under “Point of interest” and then select “Düsseldorf: Terminal B” From there follow the directions under “By car” above.
VDI is located at VDI-Platz 1, 40468 in Düsseldorf, Germany. Our address is recognized by most navigation systems. Alternatively you can select “P8” as your destination under POI “Airport Düsseldorf”.
The “Flughafenverwaltung” bus stop of the # 721/ # 760/# SB51 bus lines is on Peter-Müller-Straße or Flughafenstraße. If you look from the terminal perspective, the VDI building is behind the Maritim Hotel.
There are two train stations at Düsseldorf airport.
Düsseldorf Airport train station
Take the SkyTrain, a fully automatic cabin railway, straight into the terminal from the station building. Walk in the dirction of the Maritim Hotel directly fromTerminal C. Cross the hotel and exit through the door that is directly opposite from the VDI building.
Düsseldorf Airport terminal train station
The S-Bahn # 11 (urban train) stops at the underground terminal train station beneath Terminal C. Follow the exit sign for “Ausgang Abflug/Ankunft” and then the sign for "Maritim Hotel". Walk straight on between the P8 car park on your left and the Maritim Hotel on your right. Behind the hotel turn right. The VDI building is situated on your left .