It's a great privilege for us to receive the prestigious Bionic Award 2018! We are very thankful to VDI, the Schauenburg family, the Schauenburg Foundation and the International Jury for regarding our work as the top-class submission 2018. This award will keep our enthusiasm up in our future work.
Awards like this are the boosters for researcher like us.
- Abstract (max. 1 page DIN-A4)
- Detailed applications consisting of presentation of work, bachelor/master/doctoral/post doctoral thesis
- Ideas for the implementation and industrial application as well as market potential.
The documents mentioned before shall not exceed 20 DIN-A4 pages. Additionally, the following proofs are necessary. All documents must be submitted in English.
- Declaration of each team member in order to specify the individual contribution to the project, in case of team applications
- CV/CVs of the author/group of authors including date of birth.
Please email these documents in the above order as one single PDF-file to:
- Subject line: International Bionic-Award
- Deadline: February 29, 2020
VDI-Society Technologies of Life Sciences
Telephone: +49 211 62 14 266
- The prize will be awarded for outstanding contribution by a team of young scientists and researchers or a single young scientist/researcher, for example for the development of a biomimetic product or for a bachelor/master/doctoral/post doctoral thesis.
- International submissions of detailed applications on the subject of biomimetics will be accepted. Copies of already published papers or reviews are not sufficient.
- The work must have been completed within the last two years before the deadline for submission of papers.
- Only direct applications made by a person or a team will be accepted; those made by a third party are excluded.
- Each person may submit one application only, either as author or co-author. Multiple applications will not be accepted.
- The applicant or team members may not be older than 40 years. Applications of undergraduate studies are welcome.
- Legal recourse is excluded.
- Prof. Dr. Jerôme Casas | Université François-Rabelais Tours
- Dr. Rainer Erb | BIOKON e.V.
- Markus Fischer | Ingenieurbüro Markus Fischer
- Prof. Dr. Robert J. Full | University of California, Berkeley
- Prof. Dr. Michael Herdy | INPRO GmbH
- Prof. George Jeronimidis | University of Reading
- Prof. Dr. Antonia Kesel |Bionik-Innovations-Centrum Bremen
- Dr. Ana Mura | University of Catalonia (IBEC)
- Marc Georg Schauenburg | Schauenburg-Stiftung
- Prof. Dr. Thomas Speck | Universität Freiburg
- Dr. Stéphane Viollet | Aix Marseille University
- Dr. Ludwig Vollrath | FISITA, London
- Dr. Ljuba Woppowa | Verein Deutscher Ingenieure e.V.
- Prof. Dr. Zhengzhong Shao | Fudan University
The award has been endowed by the Schauenburg-Foundation since 2008. The Schauenburg-Foundation was established in 1986 by Hans-Georg Schauenburg, founder of the Schauenburg Group, which has been in business in the Rhein-Ruhr area for over 60 years. The focus of the Schauenburg-Foundation, which is administered by the independent Stifterverband (Stifterverband is the business community‘s innovation agency for the German science system), reflects the close connection of the International Schauenburg Group to its roots and with scientific and technical innovation.
The foundation mainly endorses academic projects in the area of engineering, economics and social sciences, as well as supporting young people in their vocational training.