VDI/DIN-KOMMISSION REINHALTUNG DER LUFT
Results of European laboratory and field tests
VDI/DIN-Commission on Air Pollution Prevention (KRdL) - Standards Committee
In numerous European Standards elaborated by CEN/TC 264 "Air quality" measurement methods are described providing a basis for monitoring of limit values. Therefore, these standards directly support European legislation. The extensive laboratory and field tests necessary for validation of these measurement methods are financially supported by EU/EFTA in the form of mandates.
Please find hereafter the results of the field validation measurements carried out up to now for download as pdf or zip files:
- Final Report concerning the „Standardisation Mandate to CEN, CENELEC and ETSI under Directive 2010/75/EU for a European Standard Method to Determine Fugitive and Diffuse Emissions of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) from Certain Industrial Sources to the Atmosphere”, elaborated by CEN/TC 264/WG 38
- 1st Interim Report under Mandate CEN/2014-07 SA/CEN/EFTA/514/2014-07 dealing with "Stationary source emissions - Standard method to determine fugitive and diffuse emissions of volatile organic compounds into the atmosphere", elaborated by CEN/TC 264/WG 38
- Final field test Report (= 2nd Interim Report) under EC/EFTA Mandate M/503 dealing with "PM10/PM2,5", "Anions/cations in PM2,5" and "EC/OC in PM as deposited on filters", elaborated by CEN/TC 264/WG 15, WG 34 and WG 35
- Final response to the European Commission on "Greenhouse gas emissions in energy intensive industries", elaborated by CEN/TC 264/WG 33 and BT/WG 210 within the frame of Mandate M/431 of the European Commission
- EN 15853 "Ambient air quality - Standard method for the determination of mercury deposition" (Zip file, 3 MB), elaborated by CEN/TC 264/WG 25; the draft standard was published in August 2008.
- EN 15852 "Ambient air quality - Standard method for the determination of total gaseous mercury" (4 Zip files, altogether approx. 7 MB), elaborated by CEN/TC 264/WG 25; the draft standard was published in August 2008.
- Final report of the WG 23 laboratory and field validation tests, elaborated by CEN/TC 264/WG 23
- Summary report of laboratory and field trials, elaborated by CEN/TC 264/WG 23
- EN 15980 "Air quality - Determination of the deposition of benz[a]anthracene, benzo[b]fluoranthene, benzo[j]fluoranthene, benzo[k]fluoranthene, benzo[a]pyrene, dibenz[a,h]anthracene and indeno[1,2,3-cd]pyrene, elaborated by CEN/TC 264/WG 21; the draft standard was published in July 2009.
- EN 15841:2009 "Air quality - Ambient air - Determination of lead, nickel, arsenic and cadmium in atmospheric deposition" (PDF file, 1 MB), elaborated by CEN/TC 264/WG 20
- EN 15446:2008 "Fugitive and diffuse emissions of common concern to industry sectors - Measurement of fugitive emission of vapours generating from equipment and piping leaks"
Results Round Robin Tests (PDF-File, 100 KB)
Software Verification Package with Test Database (Zip-File, 900 KB), elaborated by CEN/TC 264/WG 17
Note: The "Software Verification Package" contains a database (Excel file), a user manual for the database (Word file) and a testing procedure (Powerpoint file). The purpose of this package is to test calculation softwares in order to assess their conformity with EN 15446.
- EN 15445:2008 "Fugitive and diffuse emissions of common concern to industry sectors - Fugitive dust emission rate estimates by Reverse Dispersion Modelling" (PDF file, 400 KB), elaborated by CEN/TC 264/WG 17
- EN 14907:2005 "Ambient air quality - Standard gravimetric measurement method for the determination of the PM2,5 mass fraction of suspended particulate matter" (PDF file, 1,5 MB), elaborated by CEN/TC 264/WG 15
- EN 14902:2005 "Standard method for the measurement of Pb/Cd/As/Ni in ambient air" (Zip file, 4,5 MB), elaborated by CEN/TC 264/WG 14
- EN 1948-4 "Sampling and analysis of dioxin-like PCBs" (Zip file, 5,7 MB), elaborated by CEN/TC 264/WG 1 (ISBN 987-3-931384-66-1); the draft standard was published in April 2009.